Elma 2 is the tentative name of a game that aims to be the (unofficial) successor of Elasto Mania (and EOL), adding many new features. It uses exactly the same physics engine as original Elma 1.11a.
Elma 2 is designed to be multi-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X). For the current release, only Windows binaries are available.
The development is in a very early phase, which is why there are not many features implemented yet.
IRC channel for Elma 2: #new_elma @ IRCnet.
Download & install
Latest update: 27.4.2013
For Windows (XP/Vista/7/8): Download here.
For those who are experiencing problems, run the debug version with elma2_log.bat. The debug version outputs more messages in the console and is quite a lot slower than the normal version. So download this one only if the game is crashing for you. Paste the output messages in this Mopolauta topic so we can find out better what's wrong. (If it's very long output, go to Pastebin and just give link in that topic.)
Unzip elma2.zip to your Elma/EOL directory.
See the bug list.
Found a new bug?
If you find some bugs that are not listed in the above link, this is the preferred way to report them:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Elma 2 (check the date). If you have an older version, the bug may have already been fixed.
- Report the bugs in this Mopolauta topic. You need to have a Mopolauta account for this.
There will probably be a simpler way of reporting bugs that doesn't require a Mopolauta account.
See the related Mopolauta topic.
- New polygon type: texture polygon. It would be possible to select texture for this polygon, and also whether it is solid (like ground polygons) or hollow (like normal pictures and textures). If it's hollow, clipping type could be chosen (ground/sky/both). This would remove the need for traditional, rectangular textures (and their masks too).
- Choose initial parameters for kuski:
- Body and wheel positions (probably not head)
- Gravity direction
- Increase/remove limits (maximum width/height, number of apples/killers/flowers/vertices, level title/filename length).
- Choose amount of apples that need to be taken before flower.
- More general idea: Set weights for apples (and allow finishing when the total weight of collected apples is at least equal to a specified limit)
- The name of level designer.
- The creation/modification date of the level.
- Level description.
- Allow levels without flowers (all apples collected = finish).
- Rotate, resize and crop pictures.
- Option to force apples to be taken in a specific order.
What is the "datafiles" folder?
The "datafiles" folder contains some files that are required for Elma 2 to work. The subfolders "looknfeel", "imagesets" and "schemes" contain descriptions about the look and feel of menus. Elma 2 uses the look and feel called "TaharezLook". So by editing the "TaharezLook.*" files, it is possible to customize the look and feel of Elma 2.
Note: The "TaharezLook.looknfeel" file may get modified during development, so try not to edit it too much. You may have to merge the changes if you've edited it.
This is Elma 2 running on Windows 7: