From Elma Wiki
Revision as of 23:26, 24 September 2010 by Smibu
There are several different types of battles that can be started:
|Name||Description||Recommended level types|
|Normal||A standard battle. The player with the fastest time, or the most apples collected wins.||Most levels, except those that obviously fit better in other types of battles.|
|One-life||A race, best result in a single attempt wins.||Linear levels with many apples. Not too hard and not too short.|
|First Finish||The first one to get a time wins. The result will be the elapsed time of the battle, not the time for the run.||Same as for one-life, but can be harder and very long.|
|Slowness||The one who finishes with the slowest time wins.||Levels with very steep downhills. The point is it should be impossible to stop anywhere (without dying).|
|Survivor||The one who can stay alive the longest without dying or finishing wins.||Same as for Slowness, but it doesn't have to be finishable.|
|1 Hour TT||The one who gets best total time in the 54 internal levels in 1 hour wins.||N/A|
|Last Counts||Only the last run for each player counts. Everytime you enter the level your time will be reset.||Höylä levels.|
|Flag Tag||Exactly like the built-in Flag Tag mode, only online.||Levels with many routes, apples not needed.|
|Apple||The first player to pick all apples wins, but you don't have to pick all apples in same run.||Exploring/Challenge levels|
|Speed||Times doesn't matter, only top speed!||Easy levels without buggy places that can give unrealistic speeds.|
|Finish Count||The most number of finishes of the level wins.||Short höylä levels|
There are also several restrictions, called cripples, that you can apply to any battle:
- No-Turn: The turn key (default: Space) is disabled. You cannot change direction.
- No-Volt: The volting keys (default: left/right arrows and the alovolt key) are disabled.
- No-Throttle: The acceleration key (default: up arrow) is disabled.
- No-Brake: The brake key (default: down arrow) is disabled.
- Always Throttle: You always accelerate and cannot brake.
- One Turn: Exactly one turn is allowed.
- One Wheel: Only one wheel at a time is allowed to touch the ground.
- Drunk: Everytime you take an apple, Throttle/Brake and Left/Right volt are switched.
- Apple Bugs: Times with apple bugs are counted in results (if you take 1 apple with both wheels at the same time game counts it as 2). Useful option for pipe levels and if you want to make levels where skipping apples is possible.